Sari Nordlund: Advanced Cables
Brought to you by: Barcelona Knits SL
Online sales are closed.
For more information please contact the organizer.
The organizer's data is in the "Brought to you by" section.
The advanced cables class will go deeper into this technique. Sari will teach you how to weave cables without an auxiliary needle, she will go deeper into the more complicated cables and you will learn how to make increases and decreases. During the workshop, she will also explain how the cables affect the pattern and what to consider if you want to add them to existing patterns or designs. As the main project we will start knitting a top-down hat with cables.
- Small skeins of yarn to make a sampler. The yarns should preferably be of DK thickness, merino wool or other soft fibres with good stitch definition in light, solid colours so that you can easily see the stitches.
- Suitable needles for the yarn, e.g. 3 mm or 3.5 mm needles. Sari recommends 40 cm cables, but you can choose double-pointed needles or longer cables.
- An additional circular needle or double-pointed needle of the same size or slightly smaller.
- 250 m of DK thickness yarn and 4 mm needles (double-pointed needles or cable suitable for Magic Loop, and a circular needle with 40 cm cable) for the beanie project.
Basic knit and purl stitches, basic increases (m1L, m1Lp, m1R and m1Rp), basic decreases (k2tog, p2tog, ssk and ssp), basic cables, reading charts in flat and round.
- El Prat Airport (Terminals 1 and 2)
- Plaça de Catalunya (Plaça de Catalunya, 17-S, 08002)
- Mirador de Colom (Plaça del Portal de la Pau, s/n, 08002)