Sari Nordlund: Cables for Beginners
Organizado por: Barcelona Knits SL
Venta online cerrada.
Para más información pregunta al organizador del evento.
Los datos del organizador están en el apartado "Organizado por".
Detalle del evento
Date: Sunday, 6th November
Time: 13:00 h - 16:00 h
Workshop facilitator: Sari Nordlund
Level: All levels
In this class you will discover the basic left and right cables and their variations. You will also learn how to read the basic charts and how to measure the swatch on the cable pattern. As a main project, you will be able to knit socks with a simple cable pattern on the front.
- Small skeins of yarn to make a swatch. The yarns should preferably be of DK thickness, merino wool or other soft fibres with good stitch definition, in light, solid colours so that you can easily see the stitches.
- Suitable needles for the yarn, e.g. 3 mm or 3.5 mm needles. Sari recommends 40 cm cables, but you can choose double-pointed needles or longer cables.
- An additional circular needle or double-pointed needle of the same size or slightly smaller.
- 300 m of DK yarn and 3 mm needles (double pointed needles or cable suitable for Magic Loop) for the sock project.
Basic knit and purl stitches, understanding right and purl knitting, knitting flat and in the round.
Prepare sock elastic using DK thickness sock yarn and 3mm needles. Cast on 56 stitches and work in elastic 2x2 (2 purl, 2 purl) in the round for 6.5 cm.
TICKETS WITH HOLA BARCELONA
Advance ticket / workshop + Hola Barcelona Travel Card
You can also buy your advance ticket together with the Hola Barcelona Travel Card. This card allows you unlimited travel on public transport for 2 days (48 h), 3 days (72 h), 4 days (96 h) or 5 days (120 h) consecutively from the first validation.
Choose the option that best suits your needs. You can pick up your pass at one of the following Barcelona Tourist Offices.
- El Prat Airport (Terminals 1 and 2)
- Plaça de Catalunya (Plaça de Catalunya, 17-S, 08002)
- Mirador de Colom (Plaça del Portal de la Pau, s/n, 08002)
Check the addresses and pick-up times, transport included and all the information on our website.