Filipa Carneiro: The Perfect Finish to Your Handknits
Organizado por: Barcelona Knits SL
Venta online cerrada.
Para más información pregunta al organizador del evento.
Los datos del organizador están en el apartado "Organizado por".
Detalle del evento
Date: Saturday, 5th November
Time: 17:00 h - 20:00 h
Workshop facilitator: Filipa Carneiro
Level: All levels
Sponsor: The Lanners
Prepare the perfect finish before you knit the first stitch.
In this workshop, you will learn how to think ahead to make your finishing tasks easier. Filipa will guide you and teach you how to use the different seams, edge finishes, how to pick up and cast on stitches. You will be able to find the best ways and places to weave in ends, hide yarns and make your hand knitted garment the perfect project.
- introduction to finishing techniques: planning ahead where to change threads, how to choose edge stitches, and where to leave yarn scraps long enough for seams;
- sewing techniques: vertical seams in jersey stitches (mattress stitch), horizontal seams and 3-needle bind-off, combined seams;
- Picking up stitches: learning the stitch/row ratio, picking up stitches along the vertical edge, picking up stitches along a round neckline;
- knit ends: knit ends in ribbing and garter stitch; knit with sharp needle for thicker (or slippery) yarns.
Two colors of yarn (DK thickness recommended, in contrasting colors and not too dark), 2 pairs of knitting needles to go with the chosen yarn.
Assemble, purl, work stockinette stitch, work ribbing 2x2, work simple increases and decreases.
- students should bring the following knitting swatches (we recommend DK thickness yarn):
- 2 samples of stockinette stitch 12 x 12 cm;
- 1 stretch stitch + stockinette stitch swatch of approximately 10 x 20 cm. Knit a multiple of 4 stitches (approximately 24 stitches for DK thickness yarn and 32 stitches if fingering weight yarn is used). Work in 2x2 ribbing as follows
- Rw 1 (RS): k3, (p2, k2) repeat until the last stitch, k1.
- Row 2 (WS): p1, (p2, k2) repeat until the last 3 stitches, p3.
- Repeat rows 1 and 2, until the stockinette stitch measures 6 cm in height. o Continue in stockinette stitch until the swatch measures 20 cm / in height.
- 2 swatches in stockinette stitch 10 x 10 cm - leave stitches unclosed (leave open stitches in a stitch keeper, yarn remnants or single needle needle);
TICKETS WITH HOLA BARCELONA
Advance ticket / workshop + Hola Barcelona Travel Card
You can also buy your advance ticket together with the Hola Barcelona Travel Card. This card allows you unlimited travel on public transport for 2 days (48 h), 3 days (72 h), 4 days (96 h) or 5 days (120 h) consecutively from the first validation.
Choose the option that best suits your needs. You can pick up your pass at one of the following Barcelona Tourist Offices.
- El Prat Airport (Terminals 1 and 2)
- Plaça de Catalunya (Plaça de Catalunya, 17-S, 08002)
- Mirador de Colom (Plaça del Portal de la Pau, s/n, 08002)
Check the addresses and pick-up times, transport included and all the information on our website.